International Open Call / Brno Artists in Residence 2023
25. 5. 2022 - 31. 7. 2022
Dominikánská 9, 602 00 Brno
Brno Artists in Residence is happy to announce an international Open Call for visual artists, curators or theoreticians of any nationality, gender or age for a two months residency stay between June – July 2023 hosted by House of Arts Brno, in Brno, Czech Republic.
The residency is intended to provide a platform for focused work, research, study, activism, regeneration and free exploration of any kind. BAiR’s elementary philosophy is to create a space for free artistic expression without the pressure to produce a complete and significant presentation outcome within the time- and space-range of the residency. The wellbeing of our guests – be it artists, curators or theoreticians – is our top priority.
Date of the residence
1st June 2023 to 31st July 2023
The Brno House of Arts provides:
– artistic stipendium: 40 000 CZK;
– accommodation and open studio space at House of the Lords of Kunštát in Brno, CZ;
– available technical equipment and workshops;
– production assistance and consultations by the employees of BAiR
– to stay in Brno at least 75% of time;
– to take part in the Open Studios event;
– to elaborate a final report from the course of the residency
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include the following documents:
– ARTISTS: portfolio (PDF/max. 10 MB or a website link) & CV.
For video files please provide links to your own website, or to video sharing platforms such as Vimeo, YouTube, etc. Please do not send links to video file downloads.
– CURATORS/THEORETICIANS: CV & a short letter of intence or a description of a project one would like to work on during the stay at the residency
Artists’ applications may include a description of an intended project for the stay, although its involvement is not necessary.
– Applications are accepted only in English, Czech, and Slovak via email until July 31, 2022.
– Please send your application with subject “International Open Call – BAIR 2023” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Selected candidate will be contacted by email about the results.
The Brno House of Arts is a contributory organisation funded by the Statutory City of Brno.
The artist´s residency is financially supported by the Czech Ministry of Culture.